The Resource The narrow road to the deep north
- The narrow road to the deep north
- Statement of responsibility
- Richard Flanagan
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueLove stories
- trueSurvivor guilt
- truePrisoners of war, Australian
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueMen/women relations
- trueAustralia -- History -- 20th century
- Prisoners of war
- trueBurma-Siam Railroad
- trueSurvival (in concentration camps, prisons, etc.)
- trueForced labor
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueWorld War II -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueThailand -- History -- 20th century
- Prisoners of war -- Burma -- Fiction
- true1940s -- 1940 -- 1949
- trueGuilt in men
- What would you do if you saw the love of your life, whom you thought dead for a quarter of a century, walking towards you? Richard Flanagan's story, of Dorrigo Evans, an Australian doctor haunted by a love affair with his uncle's wife, journeys from the caves of Tasmanian trappers in the early twentieth century to a crumbling pre-war beachside hotel; from a Thai jungle prison to a Japanese snow festival; from the Changi gallows to a chance meeting of lovers on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Taking its title from 17th-century haiku poet Basho's travel journal, The Narrow Road To The Deep North is about the impossibility of love. At its heart is one day in a Japanese slave labour camp in August 1943. As the day builds to its horrific climax, Dorrigo Evans battles and fails in his quest to save the lives of his fellow POWs, a man is killed for no reason, and a love story unfolds
- ALA Notable Book, 2015.
- Man Booker Prize, 2014.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2014
- Tasmania Book Prizes, Margaret Scott Prize, 2015.
- Prime Minister's Literary Awards: Fiction, 2014.
- Queensland Literary Awards, Fiction Book Award, 2014.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Fiction category, 2014.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Premier's Prize, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- N37 2013
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The narrow road to the deep north
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The narrow road to the deep north
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://jennings.library.link/resource/823GP5Gkx4c/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://jennings.library.link/resource/823GP5Gkx4c/">The narrow road to the deep north</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://jennings.library.link/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://jennings.library.link/">Jennings County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>